Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back from LandonTown!

Hello Melting Pot!
As promised, here are a few photos of my fabrics that I bought in Landontown! Libster and I hit up Goldhawke Rd (our usual haunt for fabric buying) and then went trim shopping in Berwick Street; Kleins, Macullouch & Wallace, John Lewis. A flying visit for us two ninjas!
My fabrics range from; Jersey, Duchess Satin, Velvet (&chiffon mix, thank you rory!), Chiffon, Lace, Silk twill and Tulle. The tulle and polka dot lace are going to be mainly used for texture while the other fabrics are more "base" fabrics but it is the early stages so ideas could change...
IMGP1519

Maculluch & Wallace trims;
IMGP1514

Kleins trims;
IMGP1516

I based my fabrics on this colour story from a piece from Tim Burton's MoMA exhibition, loved the clash of deep rich colours mixed with fluffy pinks and turquises;
tim burton moma

Next up will be sketcher photos. Stay tuned Melting Pot!

Claireyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment