Sunday, April 4, 2010

No:3 Wannabe

Hi all!

I'm no.3 in the wannabes! So where do I start? My collection concept started out with the personality of Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, taking her gothic routes as inspiration and letting it evolve into wherever it wanted to go! I was sure about one thing and that was wanting to become more intouch with my feminine design side, I guess you could say my style in college was slightly urban/sporty which I love but over the last few months I've grown in my design tastes and am wanting to be a bit more girly while maintaining a slight edginess. I guess grown-up fun is the best way to explain it.

Lydia has gotten me interested in the famished ghouls on the gravestones, which led me to the looking at skeletons and the lines they create, and I've a feeling my design journey won't stop there! I'm quite a texture lover so I hope to convey that in my finished pieces whatever they may be!

I'm mucho excited. Fabric will be bought this week in Landon town, photos from my sketcher will be uploaded after!

Welcome to the melting pot followers.
Claireyx

No comments:

Post a Comment